Vladivostok Train Station is of a special significance. It is here that the great Trans-Siberian Railway ends. The first stone in the foundation of the station was laid down by the heir to the Russian throne, the future Emperor Nicholas II. The first building of the station looked very laconic. Only after 1912 it was rebuilt in the style of the tower, like the Yaroslavskaya Railway Station of Moscow, from which trains depart for the Far East. At the same time the old building was carefully built into the new station, saving, for example, Japanese clay slabs on the floor.
During the Soviet era the appearance of the train station building changed a lot, but the recent restoration restored its historical appearance. An old cargo locomotive, made in America at the beginning of the last century, stands in front of the train station building. Nearby is the famous stele with the figure "9288" indicating the distance from Moscow to Vladivostok in kilometers. And the attention of tourists on the Train Station Square is also attracted by the old block stone laid here in the 1900s.