The Temple in Honor of the Holy Trinity was built on the site of the chapel, founded in 1849 in the village of Shartash. Later, the village was made part of the city.
Laying of the foundation stone of the Temple in Honor of the Holy Trinity in 1889 is related to the miraculous salvation of the family of Emperor Alexander III in a train accident near Borki station. In 1890 the church was consecrated. In 1935 the temple was closed for the faithful. In Soviet times, the church lost its dome and bell tower, which managed to serve as a fire tower. Once there was a club and "Ray" cinema in the church building. In the 1980s of the XX century it housed a center of folk crafts, and in 2000 the church was reopened for the faithful.