The white-pink temple was built in 1814 in honor of the victory over the Napoleonic troops, and this was the second birth of the Church of the Presentation of the Lord in Dmitrov. The first wooden church with this name appeared here in the XVII century and served a little, as it fell into disrepair.
The new five-domed Church of the Presentation of the Lord with a bell tower was built with the money of local merchants. Some of them were subsequently buried in this church. In Soviet times the church was turned into a grain warehouse. Its original function was returned to it only in 1992. Despite this, it was possible to preserve its main shrine - an icon with a part of the relics of St. Ferapont.