A landmark construction for Novosibirsk, the 100-Flat Building, was built in Sverdlov Square upon the project of the architect Andrey Kryachkov. In 1937, the house layout was awarded a gold medal and a Grand Prix at the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne in Paris.
The 100-Flat Building is an eight-floor neoclassical residential building. Its apartments were notable for the large area, high ceilings, parquet flooring and stucco molding. The house was inhabited by representatives of the elite: officials, factory directors, well-known doctors, artists and athletes. There is a bronze monument to Kryachkov in the square in front of the building. In 2006, a bronze pointsman and traffic light were installed behind the house, at the intersection of Serebrennikovskaya and Sibrevkom streets, on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of founding the State Automobile Inspectorate. In the 1940s, the first traffic light started working in Novosibirsk, next to the old city school. The pointsman figure recalls that the traffic light was shifted manually at the time.