The castle Swallow's nest seems to float on Aurora Cliff of Cape Ai-Todor in Gaspra. The first mentioning of it dates back to 1895. That time there was a wooden summer house on the site of the castle, which belonged to the Russian general - the first romanticist who decided to build a house on a 40-meter cliff. The openwork mansion got is final image in 1912 when it was owned by Baron von Steingel who erected a castle on a rock which by its stylistics was reminiscent of the medieval castles of Germany. The corresponding name was given to the castle: "Generalife" - "The Castle of Love."
The castle Swallow's nest replaced many owners. After the revolution of 1917 the mansion was emptied and began to deteriorate. In the Soviet years after a major restoration a restaurant was located here. The new life of the castle began in 2011, when the building received the official status of "Castle Palace Swallow's Nest." Today it is one of the most romantic places in the Crimea. And despite the fact that the castle is closed for visiting because of the emergency condition of the cliff, tourists like to come here and be photographed against the background of the Swallow's nest. There are also popular sea excursions on the boat, from which an unusually beautiful view of the castle, hovering on the cliff above the sea, opens.