In Sevastopol there is a square located along Lenin Street - from Suvorov Square to Marata Street. In 1999 it was renamed from the park of the Lenin's Komsomol into the Square of the internationalist warriors. Its southern part is decorated with a snow-white rotunda. The South Bay and the Korabelnaya Storona (one of the districts of Sevastopol) are magnificently visible from it. An elegant rotunda is also a monument: the original was built in 1905 to the 50th anniversary of the Crimean War. During the Second World War it was destroyed. Now there is a rotunda built in 1958.
The name of the Square of the internationalist warriors supports a monument to soldiers-Afghans in the form of a white cross growing from a red star. It was put on the 19th anniversary of the withdrawal of Soviet troops from Afghanistan. Nearby is an infantry fighting vehicle restored after the Afghan battles. A monument to the Komsomol members: a soldier, a sailor and a nurse in memory of the military exploits of young residents of Sevastopol has been standing in the center of the park since 1963. The monument seems bronze but it is made of glass. The northern part of the square is decorated with a monument to the builders who rebuilt the city after the Second World War.