The Sculpture Park was opened in Kaliningrad on the island of Kant in 1984. Earlier in this place was a dense historical building, which was destroyed by British aviation in 1944. Now it is very quiet here, it smells of the sea and there are about 30 sculptures from bronze, marble, metal and granite here.
A collection of works by Soviet sculptors of the second half of the XX century was handed over to Kaliningrad for the Sculpture Park from Moscow. Among the works are monuments to Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Handel, Gagarin, Gorky, Blok. All the sculptures are absolutely different in themes, genre and manner of performance. About a thousand plant species from Europe, North and South America, Japan, Mongolia and Afghanistan are growing in the Park. They started bedding out plants here in the 1960s.