Rathshof is the former suburb of Koenigsberg on the River Pregolya. In 1906, it turned into a comfortable residential area for employees of the car building plant. The families of workers received three- and four-room apartments in two-story houses, surrounded by common gardens.
In Ratshof the Christ Church was preserved. This is the last German church built in Koenigsberg in 1937. After the Great Patriotic War the dilapidated church was restored and then handed over to the recreation centre of the carriage works. Since the 1980s the club "Vagonka" has become the main venue for rock concerts in Kaliningrad. The most western club of Russia works even now, despite the fact that the building of the church was transferred to the Russian Orthodox Church in 2010.