Primorsky Boulevard in Sevastopol was built in 1885 on the site of the Nikolaev battery turned into ruins during the Crimean War. In 1905 the boulevard was decorated with a stone pedestrian bridge with a bas-relief: the dragons attack the griffin, depicted on the coat of arms of Sevastopol. The bridge connects the embankment and the boulevard and is known as the Lovers’ Bridge or a bridge of kisses. There are two stone benches under its arches, where couples can hide from prying eyes. The newlyweds in the city have a tradition to go under the bridge on the wedding day.
A sundial made of granite tiles was laid out on the round embankment square behind the Lovers’ Bridge in 2008. From here it's nice to look at the Monument to the Sunken Ships which is washed by the sea waves. On Primorsky Boulevard there is an aquarium built in 1914 as well as Lunacharsky Drama Theatre with a sculpture of the Muse of the theatre Melpomene on the pediment. First inhabitants of the city saw theater performances in 1840. In the 1910's the famous singers Feodor Chaliapin and Alexander Vertinsky, actress Faina Ranevskaya performed at the theater. During the war the theater was destroyed. A modern building was built in 1957. The theater hall is decorated with a Czech crystal chandelier with a diameter of 5 meters and weighing 1.5 tons!