Petrovsky Park in Voronezh is a popular meeting place for citizens. Bicentennial oaks, semicentennial lime trees, maples and a rare catalpa tree have miraculously been preserved here. The pivot of the park is a monument to Peter the Great: the young emperor is dressed in the Preobrazhensky Regiment uniform and leans on an anchor. This bronze sculpture was created in 1860.
During World War II, the Nazis sent the monument to Peter the Great to remelting. Today in the park you can see the exact replica of the monument, which was installed on the original granite pedestal in 1956. The monument is supplemented by five cast-iron shipboard cannons. In 2006, the park underwent restoration, after which forged lanterns, benches and a sun-clock appeared here. The park is easy to find by the highest clock tower in the city that stands across the road. A house, built in the late XVIII century by the famous architect Giacomo Quarenghi’s design, has been preserved to the south of Petrovsky Park.