The stone Petropavlovsky Cathedral, built on the site of a wooden church of the 16th century, was consecrated in Kazan in 1726. Later, a 49-meter high bell tower with multi-colored tiles, consisting of six tiers and adorned, like the temple itself, "rose" nearby.
Almost all the Russian emperors, as well as Pushkin and Chaliapin visited this Cathedral. The cathedral was fired several times and was restored after the damage by fire. In the Soviet years the Cathedral housed a planetarium, restoration workshops and even billiards. In 1989 the cathedral was returned to the Russian church. Today the most beautiful Petropavlovsky Cathedral in the style of the Russian Baroque is known not only for its architecture, but also for the old 25-meter seven-tiered iconostasis with amazing gilded carvings and icons painted on a gold background.