The Novosibirsk State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre is larger than the legendary Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow. Its facade is decorated with a portico with columns. The dome is 60 meters in diameter and 8 cm in thickness. The main hall is illuminated by a two-ton chandelier of 6 meters in diameter, and a 30-meter deep stage provides a space for creative work. The audience hall can seat 1700 spectators at a time.
The architect Brickenberg and engineer Hochman were awarded gold medal at the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne in Paris in 1937 for the project of the Novosibirsk State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre. The construction of the theater was suspended after the start of war, but in 1942 the Soviet government decided to resume it. The theater opened on May 12, 1945 with the opera "Ivan Susanin". A composition with a monument to the proletariat leader was installed in front of the theatre at Lenin Square on the occasion of centenary of the birth. Sculptures of a worker, a soldier and a peasant stand to the left of it, and a sculpture of a young man with a torch and a girl with ears of wheat stands on the right side. In the southern corner of the park you can find two unexpected sculptures: a monument to the city cinema in the form of a camera with bobbins and a monument with the words of the city anthem.