he history of Omsk State Drama Theater started in 1872, when fund-raising was announced for the construction of a special building for the theater. The required amount was raised in just a year, and in 1874 the building was completed. No images or even descriptions of the first theater building have survived. We only know that it was built of wood and burned down just three years later. A similar fate was also in store for the next buildings, also wooden. Finally in 1898 it was decided to begin the construction of a stone one designed by architect Iliodor Khvorinov. But it was not until July 1905.
Omsk State Drama Theatre is famous throughout Russia not only for its architectural merits, but also for its excellent actors and performances. The first performance was "The Inspector" based on Gogol's play. In different years, many famous actors performed on the stage of the theater. It was awarded the State Prize of the Russian Federation twice, and the Golden Mask Award for six times already in the contemporary history!