“Globus” Theatre was founded in Novosibirsk in 1930. Formerly it was known as Young Spectator's Theatre and was the first theatre for children in Siberia. Over time, the theatre company expanded its repertoire also for the adult audience.
In 1993 the theatre was renamed as the "Globus" Novosibirsk Academic Youth Theatre. Ten years before that, the theatre moved into a modern building resembling a sailboat. Its facade is lined with a light-colored marble from the Sayano-Shushenskoye field. The first urban musical fountain is functioning in the theatre-neighboring park. It was set up in 1993 mark the centenary of Novosibirsk. Also in the park, you can walk along the Alley of Bards. Its history began in 2005 with the opening of the monument to Vysotsky. In 2006, memorial signs were established in honor of the Russian singer-songwriters, and the first marked ones were Okudzhava, Galich and Vizbor. Every year, citizens choose another decent musician and lay a nominal star at the closing ceremony of the "Recognition" Music Festival.