The Intercession Cathedral on Bolshaya Morskaya Street in Sevastopol was consecrated in 1905. The five-field temple of Inkerman stone (a special limestone, distributed in the vicinity of Inkerman) refers to the traditions of the Russian architecture of the 16th century. Mosaic icons were laid on the facades of the church, the main one of them - the icon of the Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which the parishioners constantly adorn with flowers.
From 1916 to 1923 the remains of revolutionaries, who raised the insurrection on the Ochakov cruiser, including Lieutenant Schmidt, were kept in the Intercession Cathedral. Later they were reburied in the cemetery. After the revolution the temple was closed. And during the Great Patriotic War it was used as a hospital. Then the church was returned to the faithful, but in 1962 the building was given to the archives and the church lost gold crosses and domes. Divine services in the cathedral were resumed only in 1994. At the same time Lady Chapels, iconostases and paintings were restored. The particles of the relics of Admiral Ushakov, ranked among the saints, are stored in the cathedral.