The Friedrichsburg Gate is the only surviving part of the Friedrichsburg fortress in the middle of the 17th century on the banks of Pregolya. The gate with four tall towers with loopholes was built in 1848 from different types of bricks. It is known that in 1692 the Emperor Peter the Great studied the art of artillery in the fortress of Friedrichsburg.
After the end of the Second World War a printing house was located in the Friedrichsburg Gate. And in 2007 a new life began at the gate. It became a branch of the Museum of the World Ocean, which restored the premises and placed its branch in it - "The Ship Revival". It is worthwhile to visit this museum to study the history of Russian shipbuilding. And visiting the Lodeinyi Dvor next to the Gate will also help studying history, as here they create and demonstrate replicas of ships of different eras and peoples. In the courtyard one needs to pay attention to the amusing sculpture of Cat-Keeper of the Friedrichsburg Gate.