Moscow Circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard traces its history back to 1880. It was then that the historic building for Albert Salamonsky Circus with a 22-meter dome was built. Such legendary artists as Anatoly and Vladimir Durovs, clowns Karandash, Oleg Popov and Yuri Nikulin performed on this arena, the history of which goes back over 130 years. Yuri Nikulin managed the circus from 1982 to 1997. Today this position is held by his son Maxim Nikulin.
Near the Moscow Circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard there is a monument to Yuri Nikulin, standing beside a car from the Soviet cult comedy film “Kidnapping, Caucasian Style” (or "The Prisoner of the Caucasus"). The modern Circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard still accommodates more than two thousand people, who can enjoy the performance of equilibrists, acrobats, aerial gymnasts, elephant and fur seal tamers, rope walkers and other artists. After the spectacular program it is worth strolling along the bustling Tsvetnoy Boulevard, one of the central streets of the capital, stretching from Trubnaya Square to the Garden Ring (Sadovoye Koltso). There was a flower market here in the middle of the XIX century. While walking along the boulevard you can see many interesting mansions of the late XIX - early XX century, as well as a pretty fountain with sculptures of clowns by Zurab Tsereteli. Tsvetnoy Boulevard is perfect not only for walking, but also for cycling.