The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is also called the Polish Roman Catholic Church, as it was the Polish community that raised money for its construction. The project of the church was entrusted to the Moscow architect Bogdanovic. He decided to create a red brick neo-Gothic pseudo-basilica in the form of a cross. The church with 47-meter-high towers is decorated with pinnacles and stained glass windows. The construction was completed in 1906.
The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus had an organ until 1913. There are also records preserved testifying that the interior of the church was originally decorated richly enough. Unfortunately, much of the wealth was lost over time. In the second half of the twentieth century, a new fresco - a copy of Salvador Dali’s "Christ of Saint John of the Cross" painting - appeared in the church altar. Until the 1920s, the church was used as a house of worship, later it was closed. In 1941, the church building housed the Samara Regional Museum of History and Local Lore, and 50 years later, it was given back to the Polish community.