The baroque Church of Our Lady of Kazan in Podlipichye emerged in Dmitrov in 1735. It was built on the site of a wooden Bogorodichnaya church (Church of the Holy Virgin) of the XV century, which was destroyed by Polish-Lithuanian troops. The history of this church is continuous: unlike many Russian churches, it was open to parishioners after the 1917 revolution too.
Local landowners and merchants played a great part in the life of the Church of Our Lady of Kazan in Podlipichye. The side chapel was built and expanded thanks to their money. One of the landlord's estates was even given to the almshouse under this church. There was a family chapel on the territory of the estate in the 1920s arranged by Bishop Seraphim (Zvezdinsky) of Dmitrov. Repressed in the 1930s, the bishop was later listed as a saint, and his house museum was now open in the family chapel. The Kazan image of the Mother of God and the Life-giving Cross of the Lord, copied from the miraculous cross of the Cathedral of the Assumption, still remain the main sacred objects of the church.