Three-pace church of Virgin Mary was constructed in 1902 upon the project of architect Busch, when the oldest city church, St. Quirinus basilica could no longer hold the growing catholic community of Neuss. Unlike the basilica, the new church of Virgin Mary in Neuss was built in neogothic style. Its spire ends at the height of 80 m and is visible from any place in the city. Stain-glass windows of the church deserve special mentioning. In 1953 seven stain-glass windows in the choir and chapel of Virgin Mary were created by Walter Benner. 22 years later Paul Weigmann added stain-glass to seven windows in the niches of the ground floor. In the 1980s 21 stain-glass windows by outstanding master Emil Wachter were installed. The most famous of them are dedicated to the Creation of the world and Apocalypses in the transept of the church.