Paderborn town hall was constructed in 1620 by architect Hermann Baumhauer in Weser Renaissance style and is considered one of the most recognizable buildings in the region. Its effective façade with numerous windows and gable tiled roof consists of one big pediment and two smaller ones.
The ground floor is an open gallery with Dorian columns inspired by Florentine architecture. Earlier there used to be court meetings here. Today the town hall registers marriages and conducts receptions and city festivals. Right in front of the building, there is a Baroque fountain decorated with the city coat of arms.