Construction of the town hall began in 1230 and continued until the 18th century. As a result, a walk around the building turns into studying all main architectural traditions of the Medieval Ages. The Court Hall, the Old Archive and the Mayor’s Chamber, constructed in 1330, are performed in gothic style. The Prince Hall was intended for balls and built in the 15th century, in the times of Lüneburg’s prosperity. The hall of Large Assembly is considered as one of the best examples of the Renaissance interior in Germany, with its sophisticated wood engravings. Town hall façade by Georg Schultz is performed in baroque style. The chimes on the tower were manufactured using the famous Meissen porcelain. As the town mayor and his administration are still working in the town hall, it can only be visited with an excursion.