This modest castle appeared on the banks of the Ilm River in 1765. In its heyday the palace belonged to the widowed Duchess Anna Amalia, who significantly expanded the property, added a cozy English-style park with a tea house, a gallery of sculptures and the Temple of the Muses. The Duchess regularly organized literary evenings there, which were often attended by Goethe. The Goethezimmer room has been preserved in the palace: the great poet stayed for the night there. In addition to it, today's visitors of Tifurt Castle can see the collection of porcelain from Meissen, China, Vienna, Furstenberg and Copenhagen, as well as works of art of the XVIII century.