St. Nicholas the Wonderworker cathedral in Neuötting is called “the main cathedral of the Inn valley”. Construction of the gothic church began in 1410. By 1429 architect Hans von Burghausen managed to have the altar and towers erected. After that the finances were finished. A call for money collection was made. Well-off residents of the vicinity financed the next stage of the construction. Then there was lack of money again… As a result, the nave of the St. Nicholas the Wonderworker church was finally finished in the 17th century! However, changes in the appearance of the church took place until the beginning of the 20th century – for example, it was then that the stained-glass windows appeared. As a result, the church with a 78 m tall broach became a place of interest of the Inn valley. Today it is a functioning catholic church.