St. John‘s Church is the highest in the city: Its steeple reaches 75 m in height. The temple was built in the late XIX century in the Neo-Romanesque style by Hans Grisebach, who also built Cesvaine Palace in the Latvian Madona district. The interior of the church has been updated and partially replaced after World War II. For example, the organ of 1968- the largest in the city- came to replace the organ of 1893. The church has five bells, which also came to replace the original ones removed and sent for remelting to be uesd for military purposes during World War II.