The summer residence of Wittelsbach is in the town of Oberschleissheim (Oberschleißheim), 20 km north of Munich. The palace and park complex consists of three buildings, surrounded by a park in the baroque style. The old palace was built at the end of the XVI century for solitude and prayer. Now the building is used for temporary exhibitions.
In 1684, Lustheim Castle appeared on the eastern edge of the park. This hunting lodge was built on the occasion of the marriage of Elector Max Emanuel and the Austrian princess Maria Antonia. It exhibits a collection of Meissen porcelain. The New Palace built in the early XVIII century is the main building of the complex. Conceived in the image of Versailles, it had to startle with its magnificence. Although the ambitious plans were not fully realized due to lack of funds, the scope of the project is obvious. The palace gallery is decorated with paintings of famous European painters.