The old mine Ewiges Leben is one of the most populartourist attractions in the surroundings of Plauen. Local miners MartinSchilling and Franz Lingk started the mine development in 1542. They found alumand vitriol there. Gradually moving deeper into rock, they extended and expandedthe mine. The next generations of local miners continued their work.
Currently, the shaft is 300 meters long.In the twentieth century, its development stopped. Now tourists can experiencethe full burden of the working conditions of medieval miners going down deepinto the mine with a guide.