Old Market is the grandest place in the old town. It is decorated by the church of St. Nicholas with neoclassicist colonnade, the old town hall, the town palace. There is a marble obelisk in the middle of the marketplace with sculptures that make it similar to the Italian piazza. Town museum functions in the town hall. As to the church of St. Nicholas, it was built in 1837 based on drafts of the famous German architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel. Not so long ago the church was renovated and now looks great.