TheNew Town Hall construction in Plauen started in 1903. It was when the townpopulation exceeded 100 thousand reaching the peak of its development. Therefore,Plauen needed a more spacious Town Hall. One angle of the New Town Halloverlooks the Old Market Square, as if looking at the old Town Hall building.
The old Town Hall is considered one ofthe prettiest buildings in the town center in Plauen. Faced to the Old MarketSquare, it is one of its main elements. The Town Hall appeared in Plauen at theend of the XIV century, but the building standing there today dates to 1506.The upper floor with the clock was built on later. The gold-plated clock withallegorical figures on the dial has for a long time been one of the attractionsin Plauen. Now, the lace museum is on the ground floor of the old Town Hall.