Nuremberg Castle is a complex of three fortresses: theImperial castle (Kaiserburg), buildings of the Brugraves (Burggrafenburg) andthe castle of the imperial city (Reichsstädtische Burg). The Imperial castle built in the XII century,is characterized by powerful towers called Sinwellturm and Heidenturm and ascetic rooms of the ceremonial palace: when monarchs werein the palace, the furniture for them was collected throughout the city, and waslater returned to the owner. The well house with a 60-meter well, the castlemuseum, the three-tiered chapel (there were separate entrances for the knights,King and Kaiser), the dungeon, the city’s best viewing platform and a hugegarden are also open to tourists on the Imperial castle’s territory.
Burggrafenburg Castle,part of Nuremberg Castle complex, was built a little earlier, but only a fewbuildings- the pentagonal tower, Saint Walpurga’s Church, converted into anOrthodox castle, and the administrative building-have remained from it. LuginslandTower (1377) stands out at the Castle of the Imperial City: it adjoins thebuildings of the former imperial stables (and then the grain warehouse), whichis now a hostel.