Residential township Weissenhof Estate with houses in the constructivist style was built for an exhibition of the German industrial unions in 1927. Initially, there were more than two dozen homes. All of them were constructed based upon the 17 projects of German and European architects. The most famous of them was the Frenchman Le Corbusier. Some buildings were destroyed during the Second World War, another two houses were demolished in the 50s. The most of the remaining houses are still inhabited. Only the house by Le Corbusier have been bought from their owners and turned into a museum by local authorities.