One of the most unusual buildings in Rothenburg ob der Tauber is the tower, which is a two-storey residential building. Since the house was built outside the city walls in the valley of the Tauber River, the lower tower served as protection during wars. The house was built in 1388 for Heinrich Toppler who was the mayor of Rothenburg ob der Tauber for a long time. The building looks very distinctive and original and the furnishings of the XVI-XIX centuries were preserved in the interior. It takes half an hour to reach the mayor’s House from the city walls, crossing the river on the double bridge, which is also a tourist attraction.