In 1214, King Frederick II granted the monks of the Teutonic Order a small chapel near the bridge on Ried Island in Donauwörth. Already in the XIV century the chapel was expanded, like the nearby utilities and living quarters, where the members of the Order could stay and live. After all the Teutonic Order is primarily a congregate that later became a paramilitary unit. In the years 1774-1778 a building was built at this place that travelers can see today.
The House of the Teutonic Order in Donauwörth is a handsome building decorated with the appropriate coat of arms, with a spacious ground floor, luxurious first floor (the master's), and the second floor, where barns were located. The Teutons invited the best specialists for decorating their house. Therefore, the main hall of the house is painted by the then most famous baroque painter of the region, Johann Baptist Enderle. The Baroque work is called "The Feast of the Gods" and is considered his best work. The halls of the former Teutonic Order are also decorated with paintings by local artists from different eras and genres, including Enderle.