Fishermen and craftsmen used to live atthe confluence of the Danube and Blau Rivers. Now the old district of Ulm iscompletely renovated, but has retained its medieval flavor. The quarter is fullof cafes, restaurants, art galleries and shops. Taking a walk through thenarrow streets, tourists can admire the ancient half-timbered houses andnumerous bridges across the Blau River.
It isimpossible not to pay attention to the Leaning House (Schiefes Haus) of the XVcentury hanging on the river. It was included into the Guinness Book of Recordsas "the most crooked hotel in the world". The Old Mint (Alte Münz) ofthe XVI century is another attraction of the district. In 1589, the one-storywooden building was decorated with a brick trim. In the XVII century two morefloors in the Renaissance style were added.