Fallersleben Castle was built in the middle of the XVI century, and was the residence of the Dukes von Gifhorn for a short while. In 1660 it was occupied by Fallersleben municipal administration. In those days it was a small but significant fortification, surrounded by a 5 meters deep moat, with a powerful tower and 16 residential premises.
Now the castle is more like a modest house with the same tower but without a moat, of which a shallowed fragment has remained. The castle houses a museum dedicated to the native of these places, the author of the words of the German national anthem, the poet of the XVIII century Augustus Hoffmann von Fallersleben, and to the German poetry in general. The top floor of the museum is occupied by the gallery of pictures of the son of the poet Franz Hoffmann-Fallersleben.