The Evangelical Church of Rheydt appeared on the Market Square in Mönchengladbach in 1902. In those days Rheydt was an independent town and not an area of Mönchengladbach. The two cities were merged in the 30s of the twentieth century. The construction of the neo-baroque temple took three years. The interiors are richly decorated. But the main treasure of the church is the largest organ from Wilhelm Sauer. It was installed in the church at the time of its opening in 1902. Until now, organ concerts are held here. The church has a boys’ choir.