The 13km-long Cuckoo Road railway line was laidthrough the Palatinate Forest in 1909. This was done in order to connect Lambrechtand Elmshtein. Passengers were transported on it until 1960. After prolongedshutdown of the road, it was decided to turn it into an open air museum in 1984.
Now, locomotives of the beginning of the XX century carry tourists on a branch. The oldest of the cars was built in 1891, the most recent - in 1945. The Cuckoo Road is open from April to October, but special trains also run on Halloween, Easter and Christmas.